TopBottom

ABOUT ME



Click on more
SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



VIDEO

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at ravikrak@yahoo.com.

What I Think About Maths

Posted by Ravi Kumar at Thursday, March 5, 2009
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

I have been studying mathematics since my childhood, but i was never asked about "what is maths?". Even i too never tried.
Today my neighbor who is studying 9th standard has asked me the question. At that time i had no answer to tell.

Really, what is maths?

There doesn't seem to be a clear cut, definitive answer. I'm happy about that. At this stage I'm writing down some things I have discovered so far. Not definitive, rather preliminary, but a start.

Maths is NOT about formulas and cranking out computations - or rather that's a very small part of maths.

Maths is about perceiving and acting in the world in an enhanced way, about perceiving the world in a different way and being able to act more powerfully within it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment